Make your own free website on Tripod.com

Naruto Zone

Chakra Guide
Home
Become a member!
Interviews
Fan manga
Fan Art
The Scrolls
Kabuto's shonobi skill cards
Interactive
Check these sites out!
Contact Me
Check out these Graphic Novels
News about Naruto
Anime
Multimedia and extras!
Chatroom
Creator bio
Coming soon

Confused about chakra?

Chakra is the source of energy used by every Shinobi in the great series of Naruto. In fact, there are two energy sources used by them; Stamina, which could also be called physical energy, and Chakra, which could be called mental energy. As a result, each ninja style uses a different energy source; Taijutsu uses pure stamina, while Ninjutsu and Genjutsu use Chakra. However, chakra has many more uses; it can be concentrated on the user's feet for a boost of speed, or a higher jumping capability. There are also several other things that somebody must acknowledge to fully understand how techniques are executed. First of all, stamina converts to Chakra for many techniques, but not vice versa. This means that once stamina is converted, it cannot be converted back. Also, a hand seal is needed to perform the conversion. One of the toughest parts of using Chakra is controlling it and using it wisely. In this guide, we explain how Chakra should be properly used, and how it is often used improperly.


First of all, everybody only starts out with Stamina. Stamina is the energy we use everyday to run, breath, walk, exercise, even think. Every time we rest, our stamina recovers. Food, rest and fitness are the three most important factors in Stamina capacity and usage. As long as a person sleeps a sufficient amount of time, eats healthy, and exercises daily, there will be no problem with his stamina. This is very important, because stamina creates Chakra; as a result, if there is no stamina, there can be no Chakra, so the shinobi cannot fight. Now as you can see in the above graphic, Taijutsu uses stamina, while ninjutsu and genjutsu use Chakra. You can also see that Naruto has all of his stamina, so he can perform any Tai, Gen, or Nin jutsu he knows.


Now here, Naruto is converting his stamina into Chakra, and with a successful result. This needs a lot of training, and it is the part where most of the stamina is lost. That is, because the user needs to know the exact amount of Chakra he needs in order to execute the technique in mind. As a result, if the ninja doesn't know how much Chakra he needs to use, he cannot convert correctly. Besides that, the ninja must also be able to concentrate just enough to convert the Chakra, which is pretty hard to do while in a heated battle. This is why ninjas at disadvantage and rushed are the one that waste most of their Chakra and stamina. However, note that this only applies for Nin and Gen Jutsu, because Taijutsu needs absolutely no conversion.


Here, we have Naruto as a continuation from the above graphic. As you can see, he has converted 30% of his stamina into Chakra, which leaves him with 70% of stamina left. Now in order to successfully use his Chakra, Naruto must divide it accordingly. As a result, he first wastes 10% of his overall Chakra to do Bunshin no Jutsu. This leaves him with 20% of Chakra left. Now if he was successful, he would use 20% of his remaining Chakra to do Henge no jutsu. However, he uses up only 10%, leaving him with 10% of Chakra left, and thus, wasted.

Now we will explain how a proper and well trained shinobi uses his Chakra. Sakura has always known the best use of Chakra, so she is used in this example. First, she gathers up her Chakra, and converts 30% of her stamina into Chakra. This leaves her with 70% of stamina left. Now, since she can properly use her energy, she has it all calculated. Since her goal is to create 4 Bunshins, she performs the Hand seal, and then focuses her Chakra into creating 3 additional Sakuras, for a total of for. In order to confuse ninjas even more, she equally divides her 30% of Chakra by dividing 10% into each Bunshin, and by that she uses all of her accumulated Chakra, not wasting any energy at all.



Here, we have Naruto as a continuation from the above graphic. As you can see, he has converted 30% of his stamina into Chakra, which leaves him with 70% of stamina left. Now in order to successfully use his Chakra, Naruto must divide it accordingly. As a result, he first wastes 10% of his overall Chakra to do Bunshin no Jutsu. This leaves him with 20% of Chakra left. Now if he was successful, he would use 20% of his remaining Chakra to do Henge no jutsu. However, he uses up only 10%, leaving him with 10% of Chakra left, and thus, wasted.

Now we will explain how a proper and well trained shinobi uses his Chakra. Sakura has always known the best use of Chakra, so she is used in this example. First, she gathers up her Chakra, and converts 30% of her stamina into Chakra. This leaves her with 70% of stamina left. Now, since she can properly use her energy, she has it all calculated. Since her goal is to create 4 Bunshins, she performs the Hand seal, and then focuses her Chakra into creating 3 additional Sakuras, for a total of for. In order to confuse ninjas even more, she equally divides her 30% of Chakra by dividing 10% into each Bunshin, and by that she uses all of her accumulated Chakra, not wasting any energy at all.




In the above picture, Sasuke is about to perform Bunshin no Jutsu. First, as with every other technique, he transforms his Stamina into Chakra by using a hand seal. This is where he is weakest at, because instead of creating the necessary amount, he created a bit more of Chakra. Next, he focuses his Chakra , and he successfully creates 4 Bunshins; however, as you can notice, the excess 10% of Chakra is left out, and thus, wasted. This means that even if the ninja knows how much chakra he needs, mistakes such as this one can occur, and the user can transform more Chakra, leaving him weak.


Here, we have Naruto trying to perform Bunshin no Jutsu as well. However, he is unskilled in both converting Stamina into Chakra, and using his Chakra wisely. As told earlier, the average amount of Chakra for these examples is 10%. So, Naruto starts out (wrongly) by transforming 50% of his overall stamina into Chakra. This would mean that he should create 5 Bunshins in total. However, due to his lack of skills, he fails, and as a result only creates 1 Bunshin. This happened because he couldn’t control his Chakra and force it into a Bunshin correctly. This results in a loss of 40% of Chakra, which is a rather large amount, considering that only 50% of his stamina would be left. Although this isn’t an uncorrectable mistake, training such as wall climbing and water walking can fix this uncontrollability of Chakra.


For our last example, we have rock lee, an elite Taijutsu user. Since Rock Lee has absolutely no need to convert stamina into Chakra, he can just perform his techniques without concentrating into conversion. This gives Taijutsu users an edge, because they do not have to mold up their Chakra in order to attack. It is also beneficial due to the fact that a Taijutsu ninja has a complete control over his movements and energy. As a result, he just focuses his stamina in his feet and uses his Leaf Spinning wind (Konoha Repuu) He does not have to worry about loosing Chakra into conversion.

As a last note, if a Shinobi cannot create any more Chakra, which means he has 0 stamina, he or she dies, or at least gets knocked out. This posses a great danger, because ninjas unskilled at controlling Chakra can easily get killed if they don’t watch out. This wraps our Guide of Chakra use up.

Thanx 4 visiting NarutoZone (Maybe I've been spending too much time on the forums...)